· August 30, 201 – after all Sunday morning Mass at Cathedral Basilica
· September 6, 2015 – 10:00 a.m., at Cristo Rey
· September 13, 2015- after all Sunday morning Mass at Cathedral Basilica
Classes Begin: September 20, 2015 - 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Fees: $30.00 for 1 child $25.00 for 2 or more additional children
Late Registration Fee: $35 for 1 child $30.00 for 2 or more additional children
Requirements for First Communion
Preparation for your child to receive the sacraments of
Reconciliation & Holy Eucharist usually occurs within 3rd grade with at least one prior year of Religious Education. Please contact Sr. Anna Maria Lozano for more information at 505.955.8874.
- Child must be at least in 3rd grade.
- Child must be registered in the Religious Education Program of the Cathedral Basilica.
- Your child must be attending class—almost all sessions, if possible.
- Family must have paid fee, if not, must have talked about this subject with Sr. Anna Maria.
- Must have turned in a copy of the Baptismal Certificate by December 6, 2015..
- Must be going to Mass regularly.
- Parent(s) must attend all scheduled meetings.
- Your family must be a registered member of the Cathedral Basilica, if not, permission must be obtained.
Religious Education is a ministry of the Catholic Church. We assist families in Catholic faith formation and in sacramental preparation. We offer a continuous program for students in Kindergarten through Fifth Grade.
Curriculum is based on:
- Roman Catholic doctrine
The effectiveness of our program assumes respect and cooperation between the students, parents and our staff.
Contact: Sister Anna Maria Lozano, MCSH - 505.955.8874